Services in Dickinson TX
- Complete chiropractic, orthopedic and neurologic exam
- BAX Aura testing and treatment for food and environmental sensitivities, allergies, psoriasis, digestive problems, pain syndromes, much more
- Hair Analysis for determining mineral balances and heavy metal toxicities
- Neurotransmitter analysis to determine deficiencies that influence depression, Parkinson’s, obesity, anxiety
- Comprehensive blood work
- Male and Female hormone analysis to determine need for support
- X-rays, MRI, and CT scans
- Symptom Survey Questionnaire provides important information about the patient’s health
- Standard Process Purification Program to support the major detoxification pathways
- Weight loss
- “Just Stop” smoking cessation program utilizing laser acupuncture, herbs and homeopathy
- “Eat Right for Your Type” based on an individual’s blood type
- BAX Aura utilizes the laser acupuncture, herbs and homeopathy to cleanse the body
- C. Wayne Browne, DC, CCSP, ACN, has been practicing as a chiropractor for 23 years. He has extensive experience in treating injuries associated with auto accidents, sports injuries, Worker’s Compensation injuries as well as pain syndromes associated with fibromyalgia, sciatica, sprain/strain injuries, back pain, and headaches.
- Chiropractic adjustments of the back and all joints of the body to restore mobility and range of motion of the joints.
- Physical modalities to reduce pain, inflammation, swelling, and improve circulation
- Neuromuscular re-education to improve balance and coordination
- Traction equipment for the cervical and lumbar spine
- Browne’s passion for the past 20 years has been to help his patients understand the importance of nutrition in their lives.
- With regard to clinical nutrition, there is an important distinction that must be emphasized. Although we treat patients who have heart disease, arthritis, digestive disorders, colds and flu, diabetes, and depression, etc, we do not treat those conditions. It is the opinion of Dr. Browne that these “diseases” are the symptoms of something much more fundamental having to do with nutritional deficiencies, toxicities, and excess stress.
- Treating disease symptoms with drugs only prolongs the disease process and must be managed by your medical doctor for the rest of your life.
- By giving your body what it needs nutritionally and eliminating the toxins that don’t belong, your body will do very well taking care of itself without drugs and surgery.
More Traditional and Alternative Testing Procedures
The BAX Aura system integrates several health care modalities to bring about your greatest potential for health and wellness. Meridian and Energy Stress Assessment (MESA) which utilizes Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) is used with great success in determining a person’s response to substance stressors through the use of harmonic frequencies. The BAX Aura aids practitioners in selecting the best modes of therapy to help reduce both psychological and physiological stress on the body.
Unresolved stress is believed to be the cause of better than 80% of all human illness. Norman Cousins, in his book Head First, reports the findings of Aaron Frederick Rasmussen Jr., an immunologist at the UCLA School of Medicine, who explained the relationship between stress and susceptibility to viral infection. This study further found that stress “diminished the size of the immune organs and number of immune cells while increasing the severity of illness reactions to viral exposure.”
The BAX Aura system will analyze your body’s response to over one hundred thousand different compounds found in our environment including foods, food additives, mold, mildew, fungus, viruses, bacteria, petrochemicals, pollen, trees, grasses, flowers, weeds, medications, animals, and minerals.
Solutions to reducing physiological stress are available through the combined use of Meridian and Energy Stress Assessment technology, Low Level Light Therapy (laser), nutritional, herbal, enzymatic and homeopathic supplementation. These are all integrated components of the BAX Aura system. This system identifies substances in the environment that are causing stress and uses the laser to reduce or eliminate the stress response related to specific environmental, chemical and food substances. The system is quick, painless and safe for all ages.
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body’s tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or bio-unavailability. For example, if your hair reveals elevated calcium level two or three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists for arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. If you calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward osteoporosis.
Other conditions that may result for be aggravated by a mineral imbalance include the following: depression, headaches, hypoglycemia, hypertension, hyperactivity, arthritis, anemia, thyroid dysfunction, cardiovascular disease, digestive problems, emotional disturbances, allergies, diabetes, and cancer.
Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, epinephrine and norepinephrine are natural chemicals found in the nervous system of the body. Neurotransmitters facilitate and regulate the transfer of electrical energy between the nerve cells of the nervous system. Levels of neurotransmitters that are too low to facilitate the proper transfer of electrical energy between neurons will cause disease and illness.
NeuroResearch’s laboratory and clinical work has demonstrated that prescription drugs can further deplete neurotransmitters in most patients, making the real cause of the problem worse.
The following is a partial listing of drugs that can deplete neurotransmitter levels in the system: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor, Meridia, Phentermine, Fenfluramine, Amphetamines including Ritalin, alcohol, nicotine, Imitrex, Amitriptyline, and Wellbutrin.
The following is a partial listing of diseases caused by low levels of neurotransmitters: Parkinsonism, obesity, bulimia, anorexia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, migraines, PMS, OCD, insomnia, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, ADHD, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
The only way to truly raise the overall neurotransmitter levels in the brain is provide the nutrients such as specific amino acids, vitamins and minerals needed by the body to build neurotransmitters. These nutrients will cross the blood brain barrier into the brain. They are then synthesized into neurotransmitters which will raise the number of neurotransmitter molecules in the brain. The nutritional formulas of NeuroResearch, as guided by lab testing by DBS Labs, provide the balance needed to prevent further depletion of neurotransmitters and to optimize outcomes.
Salivary hormone testing is used at the Center for Alternative Medicine for several important reasons as follows:
- Salivary testing is more accurate because it reveals active hormone levels or “free” hormones not bound to proteins. Protein bound hormones are inactive forms. Blood testing of hormones measures the bound form and the free hormones are only an estimation of actual levels.
- Salivary testing of hormones is less expensive and therefore more hormones can be tested economically.
- Complete Metabolic Panel: red and white blood cell count, homocysteine, liver enzymes, kidney function, cholesterol, glucose
- Vitamins D, B12, B6
- Diabetes screening
- Bone health screening
A Safe Natural Approach for Women and Men
The hormonal system in women and men is extremely sensitive and complex. While the primary regulatory organs, the hypothalamus and pituitary gland (H-P Axis), do a masterful job of controlling your hormone levels, these levels can be greatly influenced by chemical compounds in our environment. These chemical compounds found in our food, plastics and other petrochemical products mimic the actions of normal hormones and can cause disruptions in your hormonal balance resulting in severe discomfort from depression, anxiety, mood swings, fatigue, migraines, insomnia, loss of memory and libido, hot flashes, weight gain, fluid retention, aging skin, and hair loss. Also, as women and men age, hormonal balances change and if there is not an adequate support system then the symptoms listed above will be a result of menopause in women and andropause in men.
At the Center for Alternative Medicine we follow a very effective system developed by Dr. Janet Lange, DC, called Restorative Endocrinology. What Dr. Lange has discovered is that as women and men age, the reproductive hormones produced by the gonads diminishes. As the ovaries and testicles begin to shut down, the adrenal glands become the primary source of hormones. Where patients get in trouble with this system is when the patient has been under excess stress for a long period of time. The adrenals become exhausted and will not respond properly to the signals from the H-P Axis. Hormonal disruptions or imbalances then dominate.
To correct the hormonal imbalances Dr. Lange has found that you must support the H-P Axis and the adrenal glands with proper nutrition, remove the environmental toxins that interfere with normal hormone levels, and remove excess stress. By rebalancing the systems that control your hormones, artificial support with bio-identical hormones becomes unnecessary.
Chiropractic is the leading alternative health care system in America. The way Americans think about health care is changing dramatically. What Americans have found is that traditional medical care consisting of drugs, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are dangerous and can have disabling and even fatal consequences. Also, these modalities are used only after the problem has been found and there is little to no preventive care.
Chiropractic care on the other hand is very safe and effective and emphasizes preventive care utilizing common sense measures such as nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, and purification programs to enhance the overall well being of the patient. In order to assess the health care needs of a patient, chiropractors will take a comprehensive medical history, send out for laboratory testing of blood, urine and hair, order diagnostic testing such as x-rays and MRI’s. If it is revealed through testing that a patient’s condition is beyond the scope of chiropractic care, Dr. Browne has a network of medical doctors to whom he frequently refers his patients.
Chiropractic care is used most often for musculoskeletal problems, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, and pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches. Chiropractic is a safe non-invasive conservative therapy that should be considered before using medication or surgery.
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm